Passionfruit Cheesecake Brownies
Adapted from David Lebovitz
• 85g salted butter
• 200g dark chocolate, chopped
• 130g sugar
• 2 large eggs, at room temperature
• 70g flour
• 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
• Pinch salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 200g cream cheese
• 75g caster sugar
• ¼ cup passionfruit, juice only, seeds discarded
• Passionfruit pulp, to serve, optional
Line a rectangular brownie pan with non-stick baking paper. Preheat oven to 170°C (340°F).
Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and beat in the sugar and then the eggs. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and salt, then the vanilla extract. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, caster sugar, passionfruit juice and vanilla until smooth. Distribute the cream cheese mixture in eight dollops across the top of the brownie mixture, then take a knife or skewer and swirl the ream cheese mixture with the chocolate batter.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the batter in the center of the pan feels just set. Let cool, then lift out the baking paper and peel it away. Cut the brownies into squares. Top with additional passionfruit pulp to serve, if desired.
Something I’ve been thinking about lately is how our ways of knowing about the physical world are very different from how we know about ourselves (and by extension our values and how we think we should act). When we (humans) are interested in discovering something about how the external world…
About two weeks ago I splurged on eBay and bought some Easter-style Hello Kitty furikake packets, they just arrived today! They contain four of each Tarako, Katsuo, Egg, Salmon, Okaka and Veg - can
Little League #31 by Yale Stewart
Characters © DC Comics. Creative content © Yale Stewart.
Reblogs are always appreciated!
- 72% of G-rated film characters are male
- Only 4 women have received “Best Director” Oscar nods. Only 1 has won.
- 77% of film critics are male.
- 86% of films have no female writers.
- Women show 5x more skin than men in G to R rated films
- Only 8% of film writers are women
- Women directed only 7%…
3/13/12 Elite Gymnastics @ 7th Street